Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Countdown to 40

I recently celebrated my 40th birthday. Frankly, I was not looking forward to the "big" one. But after hearing a speaker at a women's retreat who talked about counting down to her 60th birthday (she read a psalm a day), I was thinking about doing something like that for my 40th.

My perceptive and creative husband got the kids involved in this endeavor. They made a countdown for me for my 40th birthday! I do love birthdays, not only my own. I love giving and receiving gifts. I attribute that to my love language which is gifts. I love to send and receive cards too.


On the Ides of March, (3/15), I was given my first gift at breakfast. I was given one gift each day in a countdown manner. Whichever # day it was (39 days to my birthday, not including THE day), that is the amount of gifts I was given.

For day 40, I was given 40 tea bags (2 boxes).
Day 39, I got 39 tic-tacs.
Day 38 was Efferdent tablets (I clean my retainer which I wear at night)
Day 37- more Efferdent tablets!
Day 36- 36 pieces of Trident gum (my fav)- in 2 packs of 18
Day 35- clothespins
Day 34- Tea light candles
Day 33- One pop gun and 32 caps
Day 32- 32 more caps :-)
Day 31-Bead necklace (they counted the beads!)
Day 30-Bobby pins
Day 29- 29 bite size Snickers bars (my fav)
Day 28- Tea light candles
Day 27- 3 earrings with 9 beads (ha!)
Day 26- Tea light candles and one 9-bead earring
Day 25- 25 oz Comet cleaner
Day 24- caps for cap gun
Day 23-Tea lights
Day 22- 22 Hershey's kisses
Day 21- tic-tacs
Day 20- One box of 20 tea bags
Day 19- 10 Hershey kisses and one 9-bead earring
Day 18- 18 piece pack of Trident gum
Day 17- Snickers bars
Day 16- Karo syrup (16 oz- another fav!)
Day 15- 15 oz Oreos- yum!
Day 14- 14 oz Caramel sauce
Day 13- Hershey kisses
Day 12- 12 oz hair gel (FOTE)
Day 11- 11 bite size Snickers
Day 10- 10 oz Strawberry Kashi cereal
Day 9- 9 bead earring
Day 8- 8 small cans of Pepsi (fav!)
Day 7- 7 caps (for cap gun)
Day 6- 3 pair of fun socks
Day 5- $5 Starbucks gift card
Day 4- 4 bead earrings (one pair)
Day 3- 3 Snickers
Day 2- 2 Hershey kisses
Day 1- 1 Red Rose

Each gift was wrapped in white tissue paper and tied with black ric-rac. The gift had a tag which said "Jill's countdown to 40
_1___ days to go
Enjoy 1 rose____"

It was really fun! I felt so special and was kinda sad to see it end! Most of the gifts were given at breakfast. It sure made turning 40 more fun...


Psalm 40:1-5

I waited patiently for the Lord;
he turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.
 He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear the Lord
and put their trust in him.


 Blessed is the one
who trusts in the Lord,
who does not look to the proud,
to those who turn aside to false gods.[b]
Many, Lord my God,
are the wonders you have done,
the things you planned for us.
None can compare with you;
were I to speak and tell of your deeds,
they would be too many to declare.

Here is a song which relates to this Psalm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...